So first, and most of all, I’m sorry. Sorry for abandoning this blog for so long and not leaving you any sort of post or message telling you I’d be gone. I know that it bothers me when blogs I follow just vanish like that, and I hate that I did it to you guys. Also, I don’t want to sound self-important, but if any of you were concerned about my wellbeing because of my sudden disappearance, I sincerely apologize for making you worry. I’m sure a lot of you know how it is, though; you don’t update your blog [or return an email or fulfill a social obligation or whatever else it is] for a while, then feel guilty about it, which makes it harder to bring yourself to do the thing, which makes you put it off more, which makes you feel more guilty… Rinse and repeat for a year and a half, and here we are.
I won’t dwell any more on apologies, because that’ll make it harder to post even this. But one last time: Sorry.
With that out of the way, let’s talk about good stuff! This blog probably isn’t going to be as active as it used to be at its peak, but I do have plans for it! A bit of personal background: I recently graduated from college (school-related stress and busyness was a big factor in my lack of updates, actually), and I’m making a concerted effort to work more on creative writing to keep myself sharp and to counteract the monotonous and discouraging nature of the job hunt. As part of this effort, I’m going to try to work on several projects related to this blog. I don’t know what the pace of them will be, but I’ll try my hardest to put out at least one post of some kind per week. These projects are:
1. Completing poems that I’d started but never finished. I have a few half-done poems (some sonnets, some much longer pieces) lying around, and I’ll try to finish them, or at least get them to a presentable state.
2. Write new poems. Self-explanatory.
3. Write new Homestuck-related fiction/essays? Note the question mark, but it’s something that might happen. As I mentioned, I want to do a thing a week, and I’m sure there’ll be weeks when I don’t have any poetic inspiration but I’ll have something else that I want to write.
4. Post follower submissions. I’ve gotten maybe a half dozen submitted sonnets while I’ve been gone, and I feel terribly guilty that I haven’t done anything with them. So I’ll be putting them up, spread over the course of a few weeks so each of them gets the individual attention it deserves.
5. MYSTERY PROJECT. I’ll make a separate post about this one later, because it’s too complex to explain concisely. I don’t want to give it away here, but I will say that the subject of the project rhymes with “Shmetective Shmony.”
I think that’s about it. I’m going to try really hard to make this semi-comeback stick, because I’ve seen tons of blogs come off hiatus, produce a burst of new content, and then go permanently silent, and I don’t want that to happen here. But if I do shift back into hiatus-mode, I promise that I’ll keep you in the loop and not repeat my vanishing act. And keep an eye out for my Detective Pony announcement/plans in the next few days.